Healthcare workers deserve more credit for all the lifesaving work they do. However, National Nurses Week, which starts Saturday, May 6, and goes until Friday, May 12, celebrates nurses and their impact with special recognition all week long. Plus, it’s the perfect time for healthcare workers to score discounts, freebies and more at their favorite restaurants and retailers.
The first National Nurses Week was designated by the American Nurses Association Board of Directors in 1994. It’s designed to honor nurses for their commitment all year long, and it encourages organizations to acknowledge healthcare workers and their impact throughout the week. Every year, tons of restaurants, retailers and brands offer special discounts for nurses to show their appreciation, and this year is no different. We found plenty of deals for nurses to take advantage of all week long — from Adidas, Lululemon, Tula Skincare and more.
Below, find the best National Nurses Week discounts on everything from food and restaurants to shoes for nurses, gifts for nurses and more.
What is National Nurses Week?
Every year, National Nurses Week starts with National Nurses Day on May 6 and goes until May 12. Designated by the American Nurses Association Board of Directors in 1994, the week also falls on Florence Nightingale’s birthday (May 12), making it the perfect time to recognize the nursing profession, since Nightingale is seen as the founder of modern nursing. In addition to showing appreciation for healthcare workers and all they do, lots of businesses and restaurants will offer special discounts for nurses all week long. If you’re a nurse, this makes it a great time to score freebies and deals!
Our Favorite National Nurses Week Discounts
National Nurses Week Food and Restaurant Discounts
- Chipotle: To celebrate National Nurses Week, Chipotle is giving away more than $1 million in free food to healthcare heroes. Two thousand winners will receive a “burrito care package” with 50 free burrito voucher codes for their entire team; to enter, simply fill out the form here.
- Grimaldi’s Pizza: At participating locations, nurses and teachers can take 15% off their orders when presenting a valid ID from May 8 thru May 12.
- HelloFresh: Right now, nurses can get 55% off their first HelloFresh box, plus free shipping and receive 15% off all other boxes for the rest of the year. Simply verify your identity with ID.me.
- Insomnia Cookies: At participating locations, Insomnia Cookies is giving nurses a free six-pack of cookies with a purchase of $5 or more to celebrate National Nurses Week.
- Lion’s Choice: From May 6 to May 12, nurses and medical professionals can receive 20% off their order by showing a valid ID.
- McAlister’s Deli: Nurses with a valid medical ID can receive a free 32-ounce tea when ordering in person at participating locations. Offer valid May 3 thru May 10.
- Outback Steakhouse: All nurses, doctors and medical staff can receive 10% off their order with their valid corresponding ID. Note that this offer is not valid online.
- Potbelly: Order an entree at participating locations from May 6 to May 12 to receive a free cookie or drink.
National Nurses Week Shoes and Apparel Discounts
- Adidas: Take 30% off in-store and online purchases from Adidas and 20% off at factory outlet stores when you verify your status with ID.me.
- Asics: Medical professionals (including nurses) can save 40% on qualifying full-priced products from Asics all year round. Simply verify your medical professional status with SheerID to save.
- Crocs: For five days starting on May 10, Crocs is going to give away 10,000 pairs of crocs to healthcare heroes across the country. You can nominate a nurse to win them free Crocs for their whole hospital — and even if you don’t win, nurses receive a 15% discount on Crocs’ website all year round.
- Lululemon: First responders and licensed nurses can receive 15% off all online and in-store purchases with SheerID verification.
- Nike: Eligible first responders and medical professionals receive a promo code for 10% off most items on Nike’s site.
- Rothy’s: Shop Rothy’s collection of stylish, washable shoes that are made from recycled plastic bottles. Best of all, nurses can verify their status and receive 20% off.
- Under Armour: All year long, ID.me-verified nurses and healthcare professionals can save 20% off all eligible items online and 10% off at UA Factory stores.
National Nurses Week Beauty and Wellness Discounts
- Brooklyn Bedding: Medical providers who verify their eligibility with ID.me can take 30% off their entire order from Brooklyn Bedding, including mattresses, sheets and bedding.
- E.l.f. Cosmetics: Essential workers, including nurses and healthcare professionals, can take 25% off their e.l.f Cosmetics purchase with a minimum spend of $30.
- Grande Cosmetics: Nurses and hospital employees can verify their eligibility with ID.me to get 15% off their purchase from Grande Cosmetics.
- Ring: Nurses and healthcare professionals can take 20% off Ring video doorbells, security cameras, smart lighting and more.
- Stanley: The brand famous for its heavy-duty outdoor gear (including the viral Stanley Tumbler!) is offering 20% off for nurses who verify their eligibility with ID.me.
- Tula: Save 25% on skincare from Tula by verifying your eligibility with ID.me.
- Willow: To celebrate National Nurses Week, Willow is offering 20% off their most innovative wearable breast pump, the Willow 3.0. Simply verify your status with ID.me and add it to cart.
Samantha Jones is a commerce editor at Hearst Magazines, covering lifestyle, fitness, beauty and more. She has written for Good Housekeeping, Real Simple, Better Homes & Gardens and beyond, and she loves staying up to date on the latest viral products worth shopping. When she’s not at her desk, Sam can be found on a run in Central Park or trying out new brunch spots with friends.